Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Glass Slipper (1955): A Photo Gallery

A few days ago I reviewed THE GLASS SLIPPER (1955), a unique telling of the Cinderella story starring Leslie Caron.

THE GLASS SLIPPER, a musical which was directed by Charles Walters, costars Michael Wilding as the Prince and Estelle Winwood as an ersatz Fairy Godmother, called Mrs. Toquet. Elsa Lanchester plays Cinderella's stepmother, with Amanda Blake and Lisa Davis as her stepsisters.

I commented at the time of my review that I owned stills from the film which were better than any I'd seen on the Internet; when I got them out I realized I had more than I remembered!

First, though, a note of thanks to my friend Mel for sharing a lovely version of the poster which is bigger and sharper than anything I'd found. Click on the upper left corner for a good look.

I've previously shared this on-set still, which was signed by director Walters:


Here are scans of the rest of my photos. They're original stills, printed on heavy paper, which date from the time of the film's release. Click any photo to enlarge for a good look at photos from a movie which should be better known.








For takes on this film by other bloggers, please visit Comet Over Hollywood and Sister Celluloid.

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful collection of The Glass Slipper stills, Laura. They really are extraordinary!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Mel, I'm delighted to own them and be able to share them. And thank you again for sharing the beautiful scan of the poster!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older