Friday, October 17, 2014

Radio Appearance Alert

A heads up, now that it's been officially announced: This Saturday I'll be a guest on Alicia Mayer's new online radio show, Hollywood Time Machine.

My fellow guests will be Christel Schmidt, editor of MARY PICKFORD: QUEEN OF THE MOVIES, and one of my heroes, Alan K. Rode of the Film Noir Foundation.

I'll be speaking with Alicia (seen here) and her co-host, Will McKinley, about classic film blogging; I'm now in my tenth year as a blogger, and I'll be celebrating my first decade here at Laura's Miscellaneous Musings in 2015.

I wouldn't be surprised if talk also turns to the recent Lone Pine Film Festival. We'll see where the conversation takes us!

As many of my readers are already aware, Alicia is the great-niece of Louis B. Mayer; she lives in Sydney, Australia, and blogs at Hollywood Essays.

I've enjoyed getting to know New Yorker Will McKinley at the last few TCM Classic Film Festivals; he blogs at Cinematically Insane.

The show airs at 6:00 P.M. Pacific Time/9:00 P.M. Eastern Time on Saturday, October 18th; visit www.LATalkRadio.com.

You can also follow on Twitter while the show is underway at @TimeMachineTalk which is handled by the show's intern, Kaci Kielmar.

If you can't listen live on Saturday, you can stream the show later as a podcast by visiting Alicia's program archive page.

Here's the show's Facebook page.

19 Comments:

Blogger Raquel S. said...

I'm very much looking forward to this. And I can't believe it'll be 10 years in 2015. Wow!

1:20 PM  
Blogger DKoren said...

How exciting! Congrats and can't wait!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks so much, Raquel and Deb, I appreciate your friendship and support! :)

Best wishes,
Laura

1:37 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Congratulations both on your decade of blogging, and on your radio appearance. I won't be able to catch it live, but I'll certainly look forward to listening to the show at first opportunity. Break a leg.

3:39 AM  
Blogger KC said...

This is very exciting! Both you and Cristel in the same show. Can't wait to hear it. Have fun!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Jacqueline and KC! This will certainly be a new experience for me. Thanks so much for support!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:28 AM  
Blogger KC said...

You've got that TCM clip under your belt. This is simply a natural progression! :-)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I like your way of thinking, KC! :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:47 AM  
Blogger Heley's Point of View said...

Excellent interview. Thanks, Laura.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you so much, I appreciate that!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:27 PM  
Blogger Mike's Take on the Movies said...

Listened in on the show, great job. You're a natural. Friendly and informative.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

So nice of you to say so, Mike! I really appreciate the encouraging feedback.

Looking forward to checking out the video you did with Kristina very soon!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:36 PM  
Blogger Along These Lines ... said...

Just heard the show with Alicia and Will. It was great!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know, it's appreciated!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:01 AM  
Blogger Moira Finnie said...

Can't wait to catch your "appearance" via a podcast. You are in good company there, Laura. So happy to see you getting recognition for you ongoing contributions.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Terence Towles Canote said...

It was great hearing your voice, Laura! I thought you did great. And congratulatons on 10 years! Having celebrated Shroud...'s 10th year this past June, I know how much of an accomplishment it is to make a blog last that long!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Moira, so nice to hear from you! I hope you enjoy it. I was quite honored to be on the show alongside Alan and Christel.

Terry, I appreciate that coming from a fellow longtime blogger! Thanks very much.

Best wishes,
Laura

7:29 PM  
Blogger Jerry E said...

I listened to your radio appearance this morning, Laura, and enjoyed it very much.
Articulate and upbeat - exactly as I pictured you!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Jerry, you are so kind! That means a lot coming from you. Thank you, friend!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older