Sunday, August 11, 2013

Back From the 2013 D23 Expo!

I had a fabulous long weekend at the 2013 Disney D23 Expo!


I had a wonderful time enjoying panel discussions, exhibits, shopping, and two very special concerts which closed out the day on Friday and Saturday.

I especially enjoyed the Expo's focus on MARY POPPINS (1964), which celebrates its Golden Anniversary next year. MARY POPPINS was the first film I ever saw in a theater, and it's my favorite Disney live-action film.


For the most part Disney did a good job addressing some of the problems of the 2011 Expo, resulting in a much better experience this year. The StagePass, a sort of FastPass system for many of the events, meant much less time sitting in lines.

Over the next few days I plan to share my Expo experience in greater detail, including a post focusing on the MARY POPPINS costumes, props, production art, and other memorabilia on display in the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit. It was a very special experience for a MARY POPPINS fan.

Disney Chairman Bob Iger announced Saturday that the D23 Expo will return to Anaheim in 2015. The dates will be announced in the near future. I plan to be there!

Updates: 2013 D23 Expo: A Tribute to Mary Poppins (1964), Part One; 2013 D23 Expo: A Tribute to Mary Poppins (1964), Part Two; A Weekend at the 2013 D23 Expo: An Overview; A Look Back at the 2013 D23 Expo.

1 Comments:

Blogger LĂȘ said...

I was following your experience through Twitter and I'm glad everything went out well! A Disney expo must be something very amusing.
Kisses!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older